Cooking Class Ljubljana
Prepare a traditional Slovenian dish inspired by grandma's recipes More
Slovenian home cooking
- Prepare your own authentic Slovenian meal
- Taste local wines and spirits
- Learn about Slovenian traditions and rich cuisine
- Share the table with other global foodie travellers
- Create a culinary story you will gladly share with others
A hands-on culinary workshop that takes you on a journey through rich Slovenian culinary history along with the most popular traditional dishes.
Get on board of this highly interactive class, where you can actually slice, mix, season and prepare a complete dinner with a local chef, and afterwards sit down and enjoy the meal you’ve just created.
A four-course meal, seasoned with humour, homey feeling and Slovenian culinary tradition. Whether you get your hands-on or you just watch as we prepare the feast, you will definitely have some laughs and a lot of good food.
The menu consists of a cold cut appetizer, warm starter, main dish and a dessert. We adjust the menu seasonally, since we always use fresh ingredients from local farms or from the market which is right next door.
- 4 course meal
- All ingredients
- 3 glasses of local wines
- Shots of Slovenian spirits
- Typical Slovenian appetizers
79€ / person
- Cooking Class starts daily at 6pm.
- Up to 4-hour long workshop.
- Sign up is required to reserve your spot.
- The class is conducted in English (for private groups also in other languages).
- No cooking skills required, suitable for accomplished and novice cooks.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Gostilna Dela, Poljanska 7, Ljubljana
The company kindly arranged a private cookery class for our family. Children 6 and 8 loved it.
This cooking class is a fantastic opportunity to see how the cottage cheese dumplings are made.
You don’t only taste great food and wine, but you also learn a lot about Slovenian culinary and various wine regions.
We went on the food tour which was excellent and great fun. Visiting six restaurants for tasties and wine.
- A Slovenian restaurant (Hiša Franko) is on the list of the world’s 50 best restaurants.
- Slovenia is home to the oldest vine in the world. Even the Queen and the Pope own a bottle of wine that was made from this 400 year old vine.<
- Chef Ana Roš put Slovenia on the gastronomic map after being voted The World’s Best Female Chef in 2017.
- Slovenian traditional dessert – cream slice, known as “kremšnita” was made in Bled in 1953. Since then we have sold 12 million of them.
- Honey and hives are practically a religion in Slovenia – there are around 90,000 beekeepers in a population of just 2 million.
- More than half of the country’s land is protected – a higher percentage than any nation on Earth except Venezuela.
- Wine plays such an important role in our culture that our national anthem is actually a toast.